Friday, September 28, 2012

The Nurse's Cap

I've been doing quite a bit of research on the nurse's cap. It's not part of the uniform for the actual job, but it still holds a symbol to many nursing students and graduates. Something interesting I found out was that, since some of the first nurses were actually nuns, the nurse's cap actually first served as sort of a habit for them. One thing's for certain, though, you almost can't find a story book, or Halloween costume, or even nurse doll that doesn't don the nurse's cap. I don't know why I care so much about it, but it is a part of the history of nursing, which I will be very much a part of soon, so I guess it will be a part of my life. I was looking at pictures from the pinning ceremony in 2010 and saw that only the older generation were wearing the caps. I guess I may have to make a splash and keep it alive! Besides, they really don't look half bad! ;)

BTW, anyone have any thoughts on the capes? They would be AWESOME to wear in the workplace!

~THE Future Nurse Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment